Saturday, January 29, 2011

When We Were Young

When I was super duper young, like I mentioned in my very first post, I kept lots of diaries, blogs, and stories involving my life. I liked to keep my secrets in writing and detail things about my life that might interest someone who would pick it up later. I wanted to be as famous as Anne Frank was for her diary.

Also mentioned before, I grew out of such phases and now, it's exceptionally important to me to NOT be recognized for my diary entries or the writings involving my life. Most of my diary entries written on paper are angsty or confused, like any preteen's would be. Whenever I would look back at things I used to write, if it sounded silly or just wasn't true anymore, I tended to rip them out. I was so very intent on erasing the embarrassing and confusing times in my life.

As I stumbled back onto this blog post thingie, I started rereading everything I'd posted in 2009. Most of the things I'd written had changed and some of them were quite embarrassing (like actually permitting myself to be with someone like Taylor). I was half tempted to erase everything and just start over but I don't think I'll be doing that this time.

I think I'm going to keep it all here so that one day, when I'm feeling blue, I can look back and see where I came from and where I am now. That would most certainly motivate a smile.

No comments: