The anesthesiologist came in; A plump white man with glasses. He spoke heartily and told me to sit up while he gave me the epidural. Now, to do this, they stick their stupid nail into the area they want to put the shot in...and they do it hard. Combined with the pressure in my lower abdomen, it was driving me nuts. Afterward, he stuck the tube in and blah de blah...whatever they do for epidurals.
It feels uncomfortable and weird. Like he says, it feels like a pinch...a long drawn out pinch. After a while, the epidural started taking effect and I felt a little better. The thing was, he hadn't placed it in the right spot causing there to be pain in some parts of my stomach and not others. I ended up alarming the nurses and demanding more. Quickly, they gave me more and I finally had enough to fall asleep.
Before this point, I hadn't slept in two days. I was severely tired and doze in and out as the medicine took effect. At one point, I remember my mother, father, and two siblings in the room comforting me. I smiled at them dizzily before turning over and sleeping.
My grandma ended up asking if Quinton could come and see me and I almost smacked her right then and there. Still, I was much too medicated to fight anything or anyone so he ended up coming and sitting in a corner awkwardly. When the nurses came in to check how dilated I was again, I forced him out, now awake enough to make my own decisions. The doctors were worried because I stayed dilated at 8cms and wouldn't go any further. My doctor told them to take me off the contraction medicine and informed me that I'd have to have a c-section.
I though "C-SECTION!?....ok....Sign me up." I was much too tired and several hours had already passed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment