So my boyfriend has this best friend named Adam. They're pretty much gay lovers, honestly. Might as well be, at least. I'm fine with it, really. I'm not going to take away Zane's best friend from him because that's just silly. Besides, Adam is a pretty cool guy, for the most part. They play games together and joke around together like any bro-couple would. And all of that is fine.
I don't even mind that he spends a lot of time playing and talking with Adam as opposed to me. I don't mind that he'll run off to comfort Adam if he's having a bad day. I don't even mind much when I haven't seen or talked to Zane all day and he starts playing League of Legends with Adam. It doesn't bother me much, it really doesn't. At the end of the day, he's going to fall asleep with me and I have no doubts that he loves me.
I do have a problem, however, with the lack of respect that I've been noticing from Adam towards Zane at times. Oh, you want me to play this game, Zane? PSH, nope. Wouldn't even try it for you despite you trying all the games I want you to.
The problem I have with that particular situation isn't that big, though. I mean, yeah, he sucks because he won't even try a game Zane wants him to although Zane tries all the games he wants him to. And yeah, it bothers me that he'll probably bitch at Zane if he doesn't. Honestly though, it isn't thaaaat much of a deal.
It does make me feel like Adam cares more about himself than he does for Zane. Of course, if Zane's having a bad day, Adam is there to play games with him or whatever. But when it boils down to it, Adam is more self-centered in the relationship than Zane. Today, for example, Adam texts Zane pretty much telling Zane that he needs him to cut class and come home as soon as possible because something's going on or whatever. Zane, like the bro he is and figuring something is super wrong, cuts class and comes home. Now, I don't know all of the specifics because, well, Zane's a bro and if Adam doesn't want him telling anyone, he wouldn't; however, I dooo know that whatever it was could have waited.
Carlos and Maritza are two of my most best friends and have been for years now. If either of them texted me telling me they needed me to cut class asap, I would do it because I know it would be something severely important that couldn't wait. Liiike, I dunno, one of them got into a car crash and was at the hospital or something. Definitely, I'd be there for them. If they texted me and was like "I need someone to talk to" I'd tell them to keep texting me and we'll talk about it.
But if I'm in class, getting money from the school for making good grades and passing (which happens when I gooo to class and do my work), and knowing full well that I need that money coming to me for various reasons, I'm not about to leave class and be happy with you if you come to me with something that could have waited.
Trapped in a house with a bomb? Sure, text me, I'll be there to try to help.
One of my friends are in a life or death situation? Sure, I'll be there.
You lose an arm? Sure, I'm on my way.
But if you're going to text me about something and make it seem severely important...and I come home and realize that it could have waited a feeeew more hours until I got home? I'm going to be pissed.
School's very important and right now, Zane has to go to classes. It's easier for me to put aside my class because it's online and nothing is ever due until Saturday anyway. But for him, he has specific deadlines and specific times he has to go to class and get stuff done. So when Zane ditches to go talk to his friend and his friend is pretty much not dying or hurt or anything? Yeah, that kinda pisses me off.
Especially when Zane sees nothing wrong with this.
Here's why.
I know that Zane's a white knight for nearly all his friends. I get that. He'll ditch everything to help someone out, sure. But he can't keep doing this and people need to learn when is a good time to bother him with something and make him ditch for them.
Bitching about stuff, if it's not life or death or you being injured pretty bad, isn't a reason to have him ditch important things.
Because I'm sure if Zane was working a job and Adam texted him like today, he'd still go running. And to thiiink that it would most likely happen upsets me. It upsets me because other people knooow he'll do it and they'll encourage him to do so by telling them they need him when they could have waited.
For one day, I'd like to see them shut the fuck up and wait patiently instead of freaking out like the world is going to end. What, I don't have problems? I don't ever think "Man, I wish Zane was here because I'd feel so much better"? Of course I do, but I don't go pulling him away from things that are important because I can survive it until he gets back, or until he's not busy.
And the thing that pisses me off even more is Zane will sit there and defend them. Defend their reasoning for pulling him out of something important. For not having the decency and respect to think "I feel pretty shitty right now and don't know what to do...but Zane is busy with something important right now so I'll just wait til he gets home."
And then to get mad at ME for actually caring about the important things in his life? There were times I felt like shit and I've seen him go off to help Adam because Adam felt like shit opposed to staying with me and you didn't see me slitting my wrists or anything. But this is just stupid. I understand him and his undying faithfulness to Adam...but cooome oooon.
It just pisses me off that Adam can't even deal without Zane for an hour or two and feels it's ok to force Zane to come home and comfort him immediately...What? Like Adam is the only one who matters?
I felt like shit all fucking day and you didn't hear about me texting Zane because I tooootally couldn't make it until he got home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment