Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Packing

Packing is such a drag. I have to constantly remind myself not to procrastinate since I'll be gone by this Saturday (which is three days away). It's just...Packing takes so much energy. I've been packing for the past two days and I still have a bajillion things I need to pack up.

I think I'll be lazy and take a break for today.

I guess the real question is...do I go to work on Friday? I mean, I know I'm supposed to but...since I'll be gone after that, should I really waste time at my job?

Maybe I didn't mention it before but, I work at Video Warehouse in Hinesville, Ga. Nice little cozy place filled with really kindhearted people. I've been there since September 6, 2008 and never a day complained about hating my job...until recently.

I'm only a clerk there...but honestly, everyone knows I do much more than a regular clerk would do (or should do). I mean, I know I'm hyperactive and crazy, but I do my work and I take my job seriously when it matters most. I think most of my coworkers (all 7 of them) would agree that I'm very good at handling customers...even the ones no one wants to deal with.

The fact of the matter is, I deserve more than what I'm getting for the job I do. Although I never get it, I never really complain about it. I just like doing my job...it's an asian thing..>>;;

But honestly...giving me nine hours a week now? I just can't do that. I have to pay for my puppy's surgery and I still need things for myself...like, oh I dunno, food? Hygiene products? Games?

There was talk about Mrs. McMahon making me manager as long as I got a car...but come on...if I had the position, I'd be able to afford the car. Anyway, her method of "hiring" a manager is against the Equal Opportunity Act and she could get into a lot of trouble for it.

By law, she has to inform the public about this position (and not verbally). She has to post it somewhere where everyone will see it and put down the requirements for said job so that anyone qualified for the position can apply for it. AND, if a car isn't on that list, she can't hold that against me and bar me from being manager.

Of course, she isn't posting the position or informing anyone except for a select few...

Why haven't I taken advantage of this fact? Well, you see...I'm asian...and nice...and and and...well I didn't think it was a big deal since she was planning on making me manager (from what I heard). That changed when she decided to hire a person who had managerial experience. Talk, all of a sudden, changed to making HER manager instead of me.

Now...I'm not one to hold grudges...but it hurt my soul that I was so easily replaced considering all I've done for that place. No, I'm still not going to complain about her unfair business maneuvers. Not now, at least.

I'm the best clerk they've got and anyone would admit it. I'm not being self-centered and over confident, I'm being serious. But it's ok...they can schedule me down for 9 hours and get away with it thiiis time...because I quit. <3<3<3

Soooo, back to being lazy and procrastinating! ^.~

No comments: